1. Not providing enough power sockets in the Kitchen.
2. Using a single thermostat to control the temperature for the whole home.
3. No pre-wiring to a satellite dish location for Sky TV.
4. No ethernet wiring at TV locations for Smart TV.
5. Positioning power and TV cabling at low level where a wall mounted TV is more common.
6. Radiators in the wrong locations, making furniture positions difficult.
7. Not providing any outside power socket.
8. No centralisation of wiring relating to TV, internet, telephone and security.
9. Lack of motion sensors to turn lighting on/off to save energy.
10. No sensors installed to detect water leaks.
Share with us any new home mistakes you’ve encountered.